We welcome parents and children to visit Meadowbrook during the school day and these observations are managed on an individual basis in line with our ‘bespoke’ approach to education.
Following an initial enquiry, parents are invited to meet with Serena, the Director of Education and look around. During the visit they will be able to observe classes in progress, ask questions, chat to the children and staff and together we can mutually ascertain whether or not Meadowbrook is the right school for your child.
We spend the first year of a child’s life teaching it to walk and talk and the rest of its life to shut up and sit down. There’s something wrong there.Neil deGrasse Tyson
Following the initial visit, admission to Meadowbrook is based upon the school receiving a completed registration form and an informal assessment. Children wishing to start in the Primary School are asked to attend an assessment session (without the parent/s) in order for us to gauge suitability.
Suitability is not only assessed by looking at the individual child in the context of the classroom environment, but also by taking into account the ethos of the parents, their affinity with Meadowbrook’s values and approach and, where it is possible to predict, their future plans for education.
Meadowbrook children already in Reception do not need to attend a formal assessment in order to attend Year 1 and beyond. However, future attendance is not necessarily guaranteed and staff aim to inform parents at the earliest opportunity if the school is unable to offer a Primary place to an existing child. Reasons for not offering a place include disruptive behaviour or a learning difficulty that cannot be accommodated within the School.
Whilst Meadowbrook is not an academically-selective School, it is important that we feel able to meet the needs of all children who attend and that we’re supported by the family. We also strive to maintain well-balanced classes of varying abilities and personalities. This may mean that from time to time, whilst a particular class may not be full, we would not be able to offer a child a place if we felt that this balance may be compromised. We have an obligation to our exsisting children to ensure high standards of personalised teaching, staff and pupil motivation, attitudes to work and positive behaviours are maintained. We also feel that it is important to place children in schools which can best cater for them and unfortunately we cannot cater for every need that comes our way.
- We welcome families who support Meadowbrook’s approach and will endeavour to promote it at home.
- We encourage child/ren to benefit from the whole Primary education cycle at Meadowbrook.
- We are looking for children who will benefit and flourish in the sort of personalised environment that we offer.
- Meadowbrook reflects a range of abilities and aptitudes and supports varying levels of achievement, work ethic, and motivational factors, respecting the individual.
- Priority is given to siblings of children already at our School with consideration to the above sentiments.
- Admissions and exclusions at Meadowbrook are entirely a matter for the Director of Education.
- Parents are asked to refer to our Terms of Agreement for further information.
If you have any questions regarding Admissions or would like to book a personal observation visit to the school, please contact the school office or use our online enquiry form.
Malt Hill, Warfield, Berkshire, RG42 6JQ
Translate this page: